Global Operations, Training Specialist for Intercultural Learning
At Mercari, our mission is to create value in a global marketplace where anyone can buy & sell, and we pride ourselves in taking on a challenge. We are looking for new members to join us in achieving this goal under our values - Go Bold, All for One, and Be Professional.
The Global Operations Team (GOT) provides hands-on intercultural learning opportunities to equip employees with the knowledge, skill sets, and attitude to work effectively in a multicultural team. The successful candidate will be an experienced technical leader with a high degree of knowledge in the field and recognized expertise in intercultural communication and diversity & inclusion. As a Training Specialist for Intercultural Learning, your main responsibilities will include designing, implementing, and evaluating employees’ intercultural learning experiences and progress, as well as working with teams in charge of employee development to raise awareness for diversity and inclusion and cater to the needs of the diverse population at our fast-paced global workplace.
Program/Curriculum Design and Planning
- Researching, developing, and co-facilitating new workshops on intercultural learning for intended audiences
- Improving the design of current intercultural professional development workshops for employees
- Actively participating in long-term strategic planning for educational opportunities and training programs for intercultural learning and diversity & inclusion
- Staying up to date on current methodologies, theories, tools, and research in other institutions and the intercultural education field. Continuing professional development required.
- Recruiting, selecting, orienting, evaluating, and supervising qualified accredited and/or certified instructors as needed
Evaluation and Research
- Establishing evaluation criteria for measuring the desired results and impact of current and future training programs
- Conducting relevant intercultural and diversity & inclusion research at Mercari
- Developing research proposals, carrying out research, and presenting the results at conferences (and/or leading research projects)
- Master’s degree in intercultural communication, cross-cultural psychology, diversity & inclusion, or organizational management and leadership and/or equivalent experience and training
- At least five years of Intercultural Training experience in a university, higher education, or corporate setting(s)
- Experience leading a research project
- Native-level English and intermediate-level Japanese (or vice versa）
- Ph.D. or current enrollment in a doctoral program in intercultural communication, cross-cultural psychology, diversity & inclusion, organizational management and leadership, or other relevant fields as well as equivalent experience and training
- Experience publishing papers/articles/books
▼When applying, please share resources that give us in-depth information regarding your past work experience, including, but not limited to:
- Cover letter
- Published articles/papers, and/or
- Training materials you have created
・Full-time or Contract
Probationary Period: 3 months (salary same as above)
・Fixed working hours 10:00-19:00.
Flex time (core hours 12:00-16:00, 60 minute lunch)
・Annual salary, paid monthly
・Based on your experience, skills and potential
・Reviewed twice a year
・5-day work week (Sat/Sun off)
・National holidays, paid time off, summer/New Year's vacation, congratulatory leave, compassionate leave
・Employee stock ownership plan
・Full transportation coverage
・Dual screen if needed
・New Employee Benefits at Mercari「mercibox」
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!