Quality Analyst, Search (Data Scientist) (China Hiring)
We are coming for you Shanghai!
Mercari is looking to host an event where you might be able to take your job interviews or get to know who we are by attending some mingling sessions with our Senior Machine Learning Engineers!
If you are interested in working with us, please submit your resume in English and we will get back to you with a result of resume screening within 3 business days.
At Mercari, our mission is to create value in a global marketplace where anyone can buy & sell, and we pride ourselves in taking on a challenge. We are looking for new members to join us in achieving this goal under our values - Go Bold, All for One, and Be Professional.
Mercari is determined to provide the best search experience for our users so that they can find the items they want as easily as possible. As a Search Quality Analyst, your main objective will be to help Mercari achieve this goal through your analytical skills and user experience knowledge. You will develop methods and models for search experience measurement that you will validate by conducting experiments. You will then use these methods and models to evaluate Mercari’s search functionality. You will provide your analysis and advice using a balance of logic and intuition and work with product teams to provide users with the best search experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Consumer Behavior, Science, Econometrics, Psychology, Bioinformatics, or a related discipline, or equivalent practical experience
- Qualitative and quantitative research experience (or industry experience) in terms of building theories/models, designing research methods, validating the effectiveness of theories/models, analyzing research results, drawing conclusions, and improving theories/models
- Extensive experience with applied statistics
- User of many mobile applications which are essential to your life
- Ability to proactively and creatively approach analysis and problem solving
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- At least N2 Japanese language proficiency
- Experience using R, Python
- No professional experience in UI/UX design or engineering but desire to learn
- Belief in the importance of user experience and interest in improving it
- Experience in research coordination and management
- Familiarity with experiment design
- Demonstrated willingness to both teach and learn
Probationary Period: 3 months (salary same as above)
・Fixed working hours 10:00-19:00
Flex time (core hours 12:00-16:00, 60 minute lunch)
・Annual salary, paid monthly
・Based on your experience, skills and potential
・Reviewed twice a year
・5-day work week (Sat/Sun off)
・National holidays, paid time off, summer/New Year's vacation, congratulatory leave, compassionate leave
・Employee stock ownership plan
・Full transportation coverage
・Dual screen if needed
・New Employee Benefits at Mercari「mercibox」
・Mercari Engineering Blog