Platform Engineer, Advanced Technology (China Hiring)
We are coming for you Shanghai!
Mercari is looking to host an event where you might be able to take your job interviews or get to know who we are by attending some mingling sessions with our Senior Machine Learning Engineers!
If you are interested in working with us, please submit your resume in English and we will get back to you with a result of resume screening within 3 business days.
At Mercari, our mission is to create value in a global marketplace where anyone can buy & sell, and we pride ourselves in taking on a challenge. We are looking for new members to join us in achieving this goal under our values - Go Bold, All for One, and Be Professional.
Our team mission is to form alliances with organizations and businesses that use the latest technology and collaborate with them to implement this technology within the Mercari Group to develop systems and services that can create value.
The responsibility of the Advanced Technology Team is to research the new technology and use it to improve the user experience of Mercari products.
As a Platform Engineer on the Advanced Technology Team, you will be focused on the design and implementation of components and systems that can be connecting the technology from third-party companies to Mercari Platforms.
- Developing and automating large-scale, high-performance platform to drive Mercari business growth and improve the user experience of Mercari products.
- Development of client log collecting SDK. (including Android, iOS, and Web).
- Team player with excellent leadership and communication skills.
- Experience developing Android or iOS application.
- Experience designing and deploying high-performance A/B test systems
- Love to use and develop open source technologies like Kafka, Hadoop, Hive, Presto, and Spark
- Familiarity with cloud platforms, such as AWS and GCP
Probationary Period: 3 months (salary same as above)
・Fixed working hours 10:00-19:00
Flex time (core hours 12:00-16:00, 60 minute lunch)
・Annual salary, paid monthly
・Based on your experience, skills and potential
・Reviewed twice a year
・5-day work week (Sat/Sun off)
・National holidays, paid time off, summer/New Year's vacation, congratulatory leave, compassionate leave
・Employee stock ownership plan
・Full transportation coverage
・Dual screen if needed
・New Employee Benefits at Mercari「mercibox」
・Mercari Engineering Blog