Full Stack Engineer, Data Platform
As a Full Stack Engineer on the Data Platform, you will be focused on the design and implementation of components and systems that collect, transform, and enrich data from client applications (Android, iOS, web) and backend servers.
We leverage existing open source technologies like Kafka, Presto, Spark, and cloud services such as Google Cloud Platform and Amazon Web Services. As a member of our team, you will spend time designing and growing the infrastructure for facilitating data usage and analytics at Mercari.
What the Data Platform team manages:
- Real-time streaming infrastructure: To enable teams to move quickly and minimize the time between data production and analytics, getting accurate data with minimal delay is a core focus.
- Data workflow management: A common system that enables users to schedule data-related workflows with a code-as-configuration model and web front end to simplify and standardize data-related development across the company.
- Machine learning infrastructure: Leveraging our data pipeline to facilitate the development of machine learning models for internal analytics and product improvement.
- Analytics SDK: A common SDK for Android, iOS and Web to track user events from the Mercari client side, in order to drive improvements in the user experience.
The work includes:
- Developing and automating large scale, high-performance data processing systems to drive Mercari business growth and improve the user experience of Mercari products.
- Designing models for optimal data storage and retrieval, and optimizing the data architecture to meet critical product and business requirements.
- Development of client log collecting API (Native, web, etc.).
- Combining the roles of architect, developer, and analyst to design and build big data solutions spanning the full loop from data production to data analytics that feed back into product improvement.
- 5-7+ years relevant industry experience
- Experience in Android or iOS development
- Ability to analyze large data sets, provide data insights, and drive effective product solutions
- Working knowledge of relational databases and query authoring (SQL)
- Experience designing and deploying high performance systems with robust monitoring and logging
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in supporting Data Science and AI/ML teams in developing production-ready machine learning models for both products and services
Probationary Period: 3 months (salary same as above)
・Fixed working hours 10:00-19:00
Flex time (core hours 12:00-16:00, 60 minute lunch)
・Annual salary, paid monthly
・Based on your experience, skills and potential
・Reviewed twice a year
・5-day work week (Sat/Sun off)
・National holidays, paid time off, summer/New Year's vacation, congratulatory leave, compassionate leave
・Employee stock ownership plan
・Full transportation coverage
・Dual screen if needed
・New Employee Benefits at Mercari「mercibox」