Software Engineer, Machine Learning (China Hiring)
We are coming for you Shanghai!
Mercari is looking to host an event where you might be able to take your job interviews or get to know who we are by attending some mingling sessions with our Senior Machine Learning Engineers!
If you are interested in working with us, please submit your resume in English and we will get back to you with a result of resume screening within 3 business days.
Who we are:
At Mercari, our mission is to create value in a global marketplace where anyone can buy & sell, and we pride ourselves in taking on a challenge. We are looking for new members to join us in achieving this goal under our values - Go Bold, All for One, and Be Professional.
As a Machine Learning Engineer at Mercari, you will apply your machine learning skills to develop the Mercari C2C (consumer to consumer), marketplace app. Advancements in machine learning and computational resources are leading to remarkable innovations in both technology and business. We are actively utilizing advanced machine learning technologies in order to provide a more convenient and fun marketplace.
You will be responsible for analyzing C2C purchasing data in order to provide our users with a better, safer e-commerce experience.
What you will be doing:
- ImprovingEnhance customer's behavior prediction.
- Carrying out anomaly detection.
- Providing a recommendation engine.
- Optimizing itemproduct search algorithms.
- Developing a system for image recognition.
Working together with our server-side engineers and data scientists, you will be involved with the end-to-end development processes, from algorithm design to implementation.
▼ Minimum Requirements
- Experience and expertise in machine learning.
- Experience working on end-to-end development of machine learning applications, including prototyping, model evaluation, and error analysis, using Python or other languages.
- Experience developing web services using Flask, Django, or other web frameworks.
- Fundamental knowledge of RDBMS and SQL.
- Experience leading various projects and, proposing solutions to tackle problems, based on knowledge of domain-specific services and systems.
- Ability to read and understand technical papers and documentation.
- Experience with large-scale data analysis and processing.
- Experience using TensorFlow, Chainer, Caffe, or other deep learning frameworks.
- Experience developing and maintaining microservices using Docker/Kubernetes.
- Experience using cloud services such as AWS or GCP.
- Experience publishing or presenting academic papers.
- Experience applying for patents.
Probationary Period: 3 months (salary same as above)
・Fixed working hours 10:00-19:00
Flex time (core hours 12:00-16:00, 60 minute lunch)
・Annual salary, paid monthly
・Based on your experience, skills and potential
・Reviewed twice a year
・5-day work week (Sat/Sun off)
・National holidays, paid time off, summer/New Year's vacation, congratulatory leave, compassionate leave
・Employee stock ownership plan
・Full transportation coverage
・Dual screen if needed
・New Employee Benefits at Mercari「mercibox」